- “The Race to Share Rotary” IS ON! Program runs through 10/31/13
- Each week the president will go around and offer each member in attendance the opportunity to talk about how he or she shared Rotary since the last meeting. (Sharing could include asking a guest to lunch, talking about Rotary’s good works, etc.) If you have shared Rotary, you will receive 1 point in the contest. (Max 1 point / week)
- You will receive 2 pts. for each prospective member you bring as your guest (no max. pts. However, they must at least appear to be eligible to become a member) After the meeting, we will briefly meet (5-10 mins max) with you and the member to talk about possible next steps.
- For each new member inducted that you propose, you will receive 5 pts. If, after the brief meeting the guest in interested, their information will be circulated to the board for approval. With the board’s approval, their name will be circulated to the membership. Barring no objections, they should be eligible for induction three weeks after their first visit. In the meantime, please invite them to come as our guest. (Please do not mention the approval process to the guest for obvious reasons) However, it’s better to get on the prospective member’s calendar than hoping they will fit us in later.
- Winner is the member with the most points racked up, and will receive TWO TICKETS TO THE ROTARY DAY AT THE RACES NOVEMBER 16th. (Actually, they will receive $70 to reimburse their purchase or, if tickets are still available tickets, or $70 in “Club Cash” to spend on CD Rotary goods, etc.) Results will be posted in the pre-meeting slide show each week.
- CLUB MIXER IS AUGUST 22nd at Momentum Fitness in Concord. Mark your calendar and, more importantly, INVITE AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE TO JOIN IN THE FUN!
- Rotary Day at the Races is 11/16/13 – Tickets still just $35/per person. Money due by 10/1, let Beri know so she can reserve a spot. Make check payable to Rotary Club of Concord-Diablo.
- The International Yachting Fellowship of Rotarians is holding a BBQ at the Emeryville Yacht Club on August 18th. America’s Cup cruise on the bay and buffet luncheon, on September 14th. You don’t need to be a member of the IYFR to participate, but Commodore Kasper would sure appreciate it! Let Jeff know if you are interested in attending either or both of these events.
- Big Twits – Follow @EdiBirsan and @Jeff_Kasper on Twitter. Anyone else tweet?
- Jack Mahshi managed to stay awake during the whole assembly!
- HENRY VALDEZ, our Wakayama Exchange Student will be our program 8/14. THIS IS AN EXCEPTIONAL PROGRAM TO BRING A GUEST.
I remain… Your obedient servant,