It’s amazing what can be accomplished when people come together for a common goal of helping others. As a Rotarian from the small but mighty Rotary Club of Concord-Diablo, I am proud of the impact we can make in our community. We are just one of 35,000 Clubs in over 200 lands all over the world with over 1,200,000 Rotarians and growing.
Last night our 5th Annual Bowling Bash was held at the Clayton Valley Bowl. Along with lots of fellowship and fun we raised funds that will go back to our local community in various ways such as Project Second Chance, Cambridge Child Development Center, Concord High Schools, and Camp Venture, just to name a few.
The 5th Annual Bowling Bash was a huge success thanks to Rotarians from our Club and the Rotary Club of Concord, friends and family and a HUGE thank you to our Sponsors! Thank you to ALL!
Welcome to the 5th Annual Bowling Bash! This family fun event will have something for all ages. Proceeds benefit the charitable efforts of the club in our community and abroad.
- Purchase online at Eventbrite (fees apply)
- Make a check payable to The Rotary Club of Concord Diablo and mail to 1333 Willow Pass Rd., Suite 213, Concord, CA 94520
- Contact your favorite Rotarian to purchase tickets
For just $25 per person enjoy two games, shoes, pizza, water & FUN!
Your sponsorship will allow us to serve…those who need it the most!
Help Rotary…Help Others
$1,000 / $500 / $250
“There will be no scurvy in the valley!”
- In 2018, 3361 pounds of various fruit was picked by the Concord-Diablo Rotary Club and another 2952 pounds was picked in working with the Boys Scouts;
- Gleaned fruit is immediately taken to Share Food Pantry, The Salvation Army, Monument Crisis Center, and/or Contra Costa and Solano Food Bank;
- The fruit is consumed with in 48 hours of gleaning;
- If you have a fruit tree that needs picking, contact Glean Queen Brigitte Ross at RossyBerg2313@gmail.com or EdiBirsan@gmail.com.
- There is NO scurvy in the valley!
- Bowling Bash – raised $4,500
- Pancake Breakfast – raised $2,500
- Giving Wednesday
- The club members volunteered over 132 hours (we began reporting in September). That is over 16 – 8 hour days or 5.5 – 24 hour days.
- Cambridge Child Development Center Christmas Giving – each child received a donated gift from the Concord-Diablo Rotary along with a visit from Santa.
- 2018 Super Bowl Party – Eagles beat the Patriots!
- Camp Venture – Camp Venture is a five day training and motivational camp for students who have finished their junior year and are interested in pursuing a career in business, particularly as entrepreneurs. It is held in late June at St. Mary’s College in Moraga. Students, sponsored by their local Rotary Clubs, have the opportunity to interact with experienced business people and meet with other students in District 5160 who have similar interests. As a Vocational Avenue Service project, Camp Venture sponsorship provides your club with the opportunity to build closer ties with students at your local high school and to demonstrate Rotary’s commitment to youth.Thank you for your continued support of Camp Venture.
- Bocce Ball with the Martinez Rotary
- Channel 7 News Tour and Dinner – Rocky & Lauren, Jeannette & Per, Rico and Patricia, so much fun!
Exchange Student Visit – Joe from Japan.
- Rocky & Lauren Gernhardt – Beautiful baby Audrey was born May 19, 2018
- Edi & Carol Birsan celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary on December 27, 2018
- Our own Edi Birsan was the 2018 Mayor of Concord
Rotarian, Al Browning joined the Club in 1990. On February 12, 2019, Al will be 85 years old.
Beri Kasper joined the Club in 1992.
Karen Mahshi joined the Club in 1993.
Congratulations to the Rotary Club of Concord Diablo for a job well done!